Reply To: BA 777 Vegas-Gatwick on fire – passengers safe

Back to Forum

AviationGeek
Participant

A question to all who posted comments that airlines should have more engaging safety videos, or should (be able to) force passengers to watch the video – do YOU always watch it, every flight? Do you remove your headphones, put down the paper, iPad etc and actually pay attention?

Several posters have mentioned that they do wear their shoes for take off & landing or check for their nearest exit, but watching fellow passengers on board I’m always amazed just how many (frequent and not so frequent – I’m going by their “looks” I admit) passengers are utterly blasé about safety – from being utterly unsuitable for the exit row (and having to be moved by the crew – you have to tick you’re read the T&C’s for the exit seats!), to chatting during the safety demo, reading/ watching films on their I pads, having to be reminded to fasten their seat belts, stow their tray tables etc and often enough showing or voicing their annoyance with the crew member doing their job.

I fly mainly BA and find their safety video rather dull – but will still put my paper down for those few minutes, if nothing else out of respect for the crew standing there.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls