Reply To: Oneworld v Star AllianceCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Oneworld v Star Alliance Reply To: Oneworld v Star Alliance

IanFromHKG
Participant

Looking again at the comments above about Senator lounge access, can someone answer a question that has been bothering me?

The Star website says Gold members get access to Gold lounges – which rather begs the question of which those are. The impression I get is that it generally gives access to business class lounges, or in the case of the LH group, Senator lounges (which from LH’s website I gain the impression are better than business class but not as good as first class). So is it the case that Star Gold generally gives access only to business (or “somewhere between business and first”) lounges, whereas equivalent status in OneWorld gives access to first lounges (and yes, we all know about the BA Concorde and QR exceptions, but those are fairly small in number)? Or is it the case that Star Gold generally gives access to first lounges but there are a few (BA- or QR-like) exceptions?

Although, of course, first lounges are themselves not that numerous in comparison to the business lounges, I must say that access to F lounges with oneworld is a significant bonus to me (particularly with CX’s wonderful F lounges in my home base).