Reply To: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy 747-400 LGW-MCOCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy 747-400 LGW-MCO Reply To: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy 747-400 LGW-MCO

thecartoonman
Participant

I wanted to tap into the knowledge of regular contributors who may well have recently travelled this route.

I have a trip planned for early April 2016 and this year flew BA WT+ on the 777-200 with old style seating, poor video screen and it was all a bit tatty, though the cabin was not full.

I would be grateful if anyone can perhaps offer some advice:

1) Is the VA PE LGW product better than BA’s and if so:

a) Where is the best place to sit? The upper deck looks good, but with Y also in the bubble does it get busy with other passengers always passing through the curtain to use the loo’s at the front?

This is a busy route and if the upper deck is full then the toilet run can be annoying particularly on the overnight return.

The main cabin is quite large, so maybe this is quite a noisy area, but looks like they may de-plane almost straight after UC and it seems as though Y passengers have no need to walk through PE during the flight.

The BA WT+ cabin only had 24 seats and was pretty quiet, it just looks as though VA might have the edge, but I have no recent experience of their LGW 747 fleet, so all advice and comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.