Reply To: A380s / B787 Dreamliners – flying with different airlines, which do you prefer?

Back to Forum

TominScotland
Participant

Just flown LHR – LAX with BA in J. Taking advice from various sources, we opted for Row 53 in the front upstairs cabin – we had chosen the two window sets on either side (not to cramp the style of son and girlfriend!!) and the ying-yang is good for couples on a day flight. The crew were good and the CSD came to speak to me in person (link to another thread). Food was good and very fresh tasting and the second meal is a big improvement on the old afternoon tea service.

The big downer with 53 was galley noise – the crew gossiped very loudly (mature folk, too) and I could hear all of it. It did not upset me but I could not resist a comment on my way through the galley about how cheerful they all were and that the gossip was fascinating. Left them somewhat out of words!! If it had been a night flight, I would not have been very happy…..

In terms of the facility, the front toilets are amazing and would be great if you needed to change on board etc. Seating is fine and we know all about that but the overall layout upstairs gives a feeling of real peace compared to the Emirates’ dormitory!!

LAX arrival was an absolute breeze – about 20 minutes from plane to kerb including luggage collection!!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls