Reply To: A380s / B787 Dreamliners – flying with different airlines, which do you prefer?

Back to Forum

K1ngston
Participant

I did miss a lot on my vacation, well as I have flown most of the Asian 380’s inc BA and EK I can give my take on the comforts and who is better.

BA. Flown in WT+ LHR-LAX have to say the service was excellent made even better by a great crew really looked after us all. Flown J LHR-SIN again great crew and I actually slept 8 hours on a plane for the first time due to the quiteness of the plane and the fact I took a window seat dont know too much about the service as slept through it but what else do you want?

EK. AUK-SYD-DXB-LHR J as stated its a great service and I for one like using DXB over Doha, for me the cheap pretender. Great service good food and the mini cabins as stated suited me.

QR. LHR-DOH Not as good as EK but the plane was brand new and the crew couldnt help me with the IFE quite possible the most complicated device in the air, food good service average

MH: Both J and F I have to say I am a fan of the 380 service KUL-LHR they have had their problems but the crews are generally very good the seat in J is OK but the seat in F is huge the service is literally one on one and the layout of the plane is excellent

SQ: J Typically efficient however I am not a big fan of the large seat they offer its almost impossible to get comfortable in it, but the food and the service is excellent.

I have also flown the Qantas 380 from LAX – SYD in Y and that was so bad I wont and cant even bring myself to mention it here…

In conclusion, BA for a change albeit having not taken the opportunity to upgrade J was the most comfortable, the staff were amazing and my money goes with them, I am flying them again back to LHR from SIN next month and also for Xmas I hope they wont let me down?

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls