Reply To: A380s / B787 Dreamliners – flying with different airlines, which do you prefer?

Back to Forum

MarcusGB
Participant

I had forgotten i took also the Emirates A380, but a short flight Auckland back to Sydney so i chose Economy.
It seems we all like the a380, but greatly depends on the style and expenditure, that adds the “something special” , that differs one from another experience, At a huge cost naturally, there is a wide variation, mood lighting, seat design, what configuration they have. Many have the lower floor for Economy, but the First tends to be in the nose downstairs.. Thai Airways has a strange mix of Y, premium Y and Business upstairs.
I do think people like to “have a place to go” so those with a bar have an advantage. Some Airlines have taken the opportunity to create something special on their a380, Private cabins, showers, chefs, and in Etihad’s case “First Apartments”, offering a while new concept of privacy, and enabling great innovation.

In this respect, improvements for All Cabins, and features as mentioned above, give a far better flying experience for all, quieter, more spacious. For the Airlines with the fuel consumption down,and the materials it is made from, offer great savings, and the opportunity to create something new for their own Branding.

I think the A380 we see today is becoming the 747 of tomorrow. We all however, have a fondness of the 744. Likewise, it gives greater capacity for a “slot”, carrying many more, ideal for LHR and other Major World Hubs. where slots are costly or simply all taken and airport capacity full.
It also appears that there has been a revival in First Class demand and cabins. What we used to have in First is equal or better than what we have now in Business cabins. So, for First the luxury’s are even better, with private suites etc.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls