Reply To: BA 767 reliabilityCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA 767 reliability Reply To: BA 767 reliability

BrotherJim
Participant

Hey Karl, not trolling and no squirming just stating the facts. I have always been talking about a short notice sub.

Tirana1, firstly there are industry standards, as I mentioned. Not sure what BA uses, but they do use them in determining product offerings including meals and provision of IFE. Take Moscow for example a few years back it was a 767 mid haul route that used a club europe fitted aircraft, but offered IFE. Of course now changed of course. Stockholm on the other hand used the same aircraft but no IFE offered.

As for Almaty, yeah I know it is a 767 route, but not according to the BA website that you are listing as gospel in saying Almaty is long haul. Though do conceed BA do use the term, but for marketing reasons, but the aircraft are very much mid haul configured. You state the short commings compared to say the 777 or 747 product, but fail to see that is because it is a different product offering (dated of course) to suit mid haul routes.

Oh another thing most routes tend to be longer one way or the other, airlines will generally average them out when determining if it is short, mid or long haul. Of course some mid haul routes they will schedule long haul product, for commecial reasons. Clearly BA rightly or wrongly don’t see the need to do that on flights to Almaty.