Reply To: BA 767 reliability

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

Karlmarx, an interesting list of airlines you quote as using short notice charter. May I ask though we’re any of those on sectors of over six hours? If they were under 6 then the outbound crew with a quick turnaround can just about do the return flight. However anything over six hours and they would require another crew to bring it home. I am figuring most available aircraft for short notice charters are not based at LHR, so would have to dead head to LHR before starting the chartered flight. Let’s say the airframe is at Stanstead, from time of GO to picking up pax at LHR is going to be in the region of two hours. That restricts you then down to a five hour sector. So unless I am missing something I don’t think BA were in a position to Charter an Aircraft for the Almaty route without delaying by at least 15 hours those on the Almaty to LHR sector. I suppose it is conceivable that if the chartered airframe was a 767 the BA crew at Astanta could fly the bird home, no idea if that is allowed or not.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls