Reply To: BA 767 reliabilityCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA 767 reliability Reply To: BA 767 reliability

Tirana1
Participant

Brother Jim, the basis for my assertion as to 767 unreliability is a) comment from cabin crew on the 8 long haul 767 flights I have taken since end November, b) comment from BA pilot friend of family, c) basource.com reports re out of service 767’s and scale of substitution on Moscow and Jeddah routings. Please do check that last source for yourself. The 767’s are the oldest aircraft that BA operate on long haul and indeed will be unable to operate certain routes soon because of regulatory changes. They are well past their sell-by dates. As I have hopefully made clear, it is not the fact of a tech issue that has caused annoyance, but the lack of fulsome recognition as to the degree of inconvenience casued by the radical difference in product thus provided. Yes, “shit happens” – and that is about the attitude first demonstrated by BA when the issue initially arose, since significantly recovered from by effective customer service staff.