Reply To: BA 767 reliabilityCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA 767 reliability Reply To: BA 767 reliability

MrMichael
Participant

Tirana1, glad you got a fair result from BA and all is not lost.

Certainly the points made by other posters regarding it was a 767 or nothing seem to be fair points. I guess most people would prefer to fly and be downgraded than not fly at all.

Also interested in the points made by Canucklad and Tirana1 about service on India/New York flights being superior to that offered on the Almaty route. It is apparant that BA are fully aware of what routes they need to do well on, and which ones they dont. Alamty business falls in to the proverbial lap, wheras I suspect India, USA and the Middle/Far East they have to fight for every pax, and even then are squeezed to Aldi type margins. The best aircraft and crew will go on those important competitive routes and not where they are up against third rate or no competition, (no offence to Astana, I know nothing about them). It is unfortunate for those flying the non competitive routes that they will end up with the dregs at the bottom of the airframe stock, but realistically nobody on this forum if they were running an airline would do it any differently. Neither would they have not done what BA did in replacing a low density with a high density 767 for that route on that day. The alternative to that was much worse than the solution available to them.

Ultimately we pay an airline to get from from A to B in a timely and safe manner, BA delivered.