Reply To: BA 767 reliability

Back to Forum

Tirana1
Participant

I now appreciate why a knackered short haul 767 replaced the faulty knackered long haul 767- indeed, it would have been costly to have a crew waiting in Almaty and getting additional crew there would not have been easy.

The comments as to targeted customer care are spot on in my view. I also fly such routes as LCY/JFK and LHR/YVR regularly and their BA expereince is somewhat different.

Also interesting has been the differing approach of the various customer services staff; from a very take it or leave it attitude from one individual at LHR to much more helpful and empathetic individuals both at LHR and by telephone.

I have now been offered a sum of avios that leaves me feeling less aggrieved, albeit hardly as much as I have in the past received for slightly dodgy seats and faulty tv screens.

A fare refund is also promised but that will go to my client. I am left feeling that BA will not put any real effort in on this route and as 767’s become ever less reliable I will face this downgrade risk increasingly but with Turkish and Aeroflot as alternatives I am not sure my options are attractive (actually, I like Aeroflot but loathe Turkish).

I would be left feeling less aggrieved if I thought the significance of swapping a (retro) CW service to a CE one was really appreciated but I am afraid it just isn’t. All in all, something of a bad taste left in the mouth of a very loyal customer, mitigated some way by decent interaction with customer services over the past 24 hours.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls