Reply To: BA / Iberia? Madrid and backBack to Forum
I have just made 2 flights on Iberia LHR – Madrid – LHR. What I was initially fearing due to some previous comments, actually turned out to be interesting and enjoyable.. Here are the differences..
1. Free drink and snack on BA, not so on Iberia
2. The 2 airbuses used by Iberia were sparkling inside and out and were very comfortable
3. For you curtain dividers, yes there was a curtain divider on both sectors, although I was behind, not infront
4. Phones have to switched off until inside the terminal, can not (or not meant to be ) be turned on whilst the aircraft is moving
5. Safety briefing, everyone was told to remove headphones. Electronic items should have remained off until take off
6. (4 and 5) were not monitored!!!
7. This is probably the most interesting. Due to the apparent late arrival of a connecting flight into Madrid, 10 minutes before scheduled departure, a group of school children joined the flight. All carried all their luggage with them and clearly there was no room in the overheads. The children were taking a long time to settle, due to the baggage problem and at one point the Captain came out of the flight deck to hurry everyone along otherwise the slot would have been missed.
Eventually the Captain fired up the engines and started to move, WITH SOME PASSENGERS still standing. I have never seen this before, neither had the dead heading Cabin Crew member (QANTAS) who was sitting next to me.
On landing in Heathrow, all electronics were meant to have been switched off, but the children I could see, were all watching films on lap tops…
All in all though, it was not a horrific flight, in fact, BOTH the legs (BA flight numbers on IB metal) would IMHO give BA a run for their money.
Well done IBERIA….