Reply To: Best airline for Cape Town to Johannesburg?

Back to Forum

icenspice
Participant

This was only my second visit to South Africa and I am so glad I decided to route via Durban as I had 24 hours on the beautiful coastline north of the airport.

@CHRSflyer Comair Club bears no resemblance to Club Europe. Hot tasty food served on all 3 flights although a bit lukewarm for my liking. No puny salads here! Cabin crew were keen to please. The list could go on…from small touches such as a drink before take-off, linen tablecloth and a personal e-mail from the check-in manager at CPT when I got home. And of course the lounges at CPT and DUR.

@luganopirate I finally got to fly on a 346 from JNB to MUC in SAA Economy. Wow what friendly and relaxed service and the IFE system would put BA First to shame. And I love the 2-4-2 configuration.

All that was missing from my trip home was a bottle of aftershave which was a Christmas present. I have never seen the need to have my bag wrapped and don’t suppose I ever will.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls