Reply To: Do you think BA is right to not allow passengers to make in-flight mobile phone calls?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Do you think BA is right to not allow passengers to make in-flight mobile phone calls? Reply To: Do you think BA is right to not allow passengers to make in-flight mobile phone calls?

MrDarwin
Participant

Has anyone ever spoken to someone whilst they were on a plane? I am just wondering what the call quality would be like. Planes are quite noisy environments, and I’m not sure people would be able to hear the person very well unless they were shouting…

If an airline provides an appropriate area for phone calls, then I say why not. Think of Emirates with the bar up the back of the a380. It’s a social area with people chatting anyway, so making a phone call there would create no more noise that the bar already does.

For airlines like BA, whose planes do not have social or communal areas for passengers, I think the right decision is to ban phone calls altogether. This would in turn give airlines that have invested in such areas an additional competitive advantage for some customers.