Reply To: Do you think BA is right to not allow passengers to make in-flight mobile phone calls?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Do you think BA is right to not allow passengers to make in-flight mobile phone calls? Reply To: Do you think BA is right to not allow passengers to make in-flight mobile phone calls?

AspirationalFlyer
Participant

I definitely think BA is right to do so.

There are so many other options available to communicate with family and friends other than by making telephone calls: various apps (which could utilise paid or free in-flight Wi-Fi, for example, whatsapp or social media such as the instant messaging function on Facebook); text messages (assuming signal is available) or the good fashioned option of just waiting until you have arrived and cleared immigration. I think the restriction is particularly important when flying overnight.

An example of how annoying this would be in practice occurred last night when I was delayed in Rotterdam Airport and there were several people making Skype calls at what appeared to be full volume which were clearly audible within a 4 metres distance (possibly more). Depending on the length of the conversation, I can imagine this being very uncomfortable when in a densely packed aircraft environment.