Reply To: Is Ryanair fit for Business?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Is Ryanair fit for Business? Reply To: Is Ryanair fit for Business?

MrMichael
Participant

No Martyn, and I made clear I did not think it was. As I said in my last post, Ryanair are likely paying flight crew more than they want to, LH/AF paying more than they can afford, BA according to Willie Walsh the right rate for the job. The other “flag carriers” of Europe such as KLM/SAS/Swiss etc are paying on a par with BA and that is nothing like minimum wage. I would suggest BA has it about right. A poster on another thread suggested a pilot should get the same as a train driver as a train carries more pax, I do not buy in to that. pilots as I understand it have to invest a lot of their own time and effort to get in to the profession, and that too should be reflected. I heard somewhere that a new FlyBe pilot gets hardly more than the minimum wage and that is just plain wrong. However, I stand by my view that LH and AF pilots are overpaid and need to wake up to the real commercial world of aviation where their salarys are threatening the very survival and ongoing investment in the business they rely on for a living.

Do you concur with the final paragraph in my previous post?