Reply To: Is Ryanair fit for Business?

Back to Forum

MrMichael
Participant

Trying to get this back on track, the original point I was making is that Ryanair and its business model has given benefit not just to Ryanair shareholders, but shareholders and passengers using other airlines including the full service airlines and flag carriers. I am not an expert on Pilot skills, but it is clear that what Ryanair think a pilot is worth, and what an LH pilot thinks they are worth are miles apart. Subsequently, and ultimately it will be the market that decides. That will likely be with Ryanair paying more than they want to, and LH/AF doing what KLM/BA/AA and many others have already done and brought their pilots pay more inline with supply and demand.

As you know more about pilot skills than me, I will accept what you say, but still say that supply and demand will rule the roost eventually. If in the future corporate jet pilots becomes scarcer, then you will end up paying more for them, and if there is a surplus of them, you will no doubt be offering less favourable terms.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls