Reply To: From July 1st we can use our mobiles on BA after landing!Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines From July 1st we can use our mobiles on BA after landing! Reply To: From July 1st we can use our mobiles on BA after landing!

IanFromHKG
Participant

Rule 1: Don’t argue with the person who has control over your champagne supplies for the duration LOL

Which reminds me, on a slightly different note, I do recall some time ago having my third glass of wine on a 4.5-hour flight, when I was sitting in the exit row, and it being delivered with a rather terse comment to the effect that I had better enjoy it because I wasn’t getting any more. I could only wonder whether it was because I was in the exit row and they didnt want me getting sloshed – although frankly it takes more than three glasses spread over a four-hour period for me to get tipsy! I was actually really quite upset – not just because I wasn’t getting any more plonk but because of the way the message was delivered. Like all things, if the crew member had politely explained that they were unable to serve me more because I was in the exit row and been a bit more empathetic over the whole thing I wouldn’t have minded, but as it was it came across as a rather heavy criticism, and I ended up feeling like a naughty (and alcoholic) schoolboy, quite apart from the embarrassment I felt since the CC didn’t exactly do it sotto voce. Sometimes, it is the way messages are delivered that is all-important. though I can imagine CC must get sick to the back teeth of constantly giving these messages and being ignored, so the tempation to be terse must be pretty strong