Reply To: From July 1st we can use our mobiles on BA after landing!

Back to Forum

stevescoots
Participant

Sometimes us FF forget, I had a unusual reminder of the rules last week.

was on a Wizzair flight into PRG (how I ended up on wizzair is another tail to be told), We landed and started to Taxi at which point I turned on my phone and started to check my mail. A Victor Meldrew sat the other side of the ilse leant over, prodded me on the back and asked should I have THAT switched on. I just shrugged, grunted and carried on. he did it again, saying very loudly “is that switched on, it should not be” by now other people are looking at me, but I carried on to which he responded with “so you are just going to ignore the safety briefing are you” which I retorted, YES! of course half the rest of the flight also had their phones on by now.

my colleague was at sat behind me, wetting himself with laughter and he told me Victor talking to himself the entire flight and commenting how much fun it was and good flight for his 2nd flight..he also clapped on landing….

Anyway, I am never one to use the “Do you know who I am” lines and similar etc. However as got on the bus he stood next to me and started to have a go. After trying to ignore him I just rounded back with a “I fly over 100,000 miles a year, I know what’s safe and what isn’t, now P*** off and annoy someone else” I almost never lose my temper but this time I was pushed over the edge!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls