@canucklad : You don’t think that Flyglobespan’s demise was in any way due to things like:
– CAA suspending it’s ETOPS approval for a period of time in 2007 and the signal that sent out about potential safety (bearing in mind this was the first time in 15 years it had happened)
– The consistent poor reviews and bad publicity due to technical unreliability of their fleet and the delays that resulted (in one case a flight was 6 days late)
– Regular diversions to unexpected locations due to using 737s on transatlantic routes where they did not have the required range
– Running routes like Liverpool to NY and Manchester to CT which were uneconomic and dropped after the set up costs had been incurred
– Being featured not once but twice on BBC Watchdog with all the bad PR that resulted
– Loss of insurance cover following Zoom and XL going bust (which is why the credit card companies started witholding money).
Flyglobespan was a total joke, that’s why it went bust.