Reply To: Easyjet v Ryanair TV showCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Easyjet v Ryanair TV show Reply To: Easyjet v Ryanair TV show

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

I thought it considerably better than the Heathrow Live one, which wasn’t difficult, and I learned a couple of things:

– Both airlines fly more passengers than BA
– Easyjet now fly to Moscow
– And I know this is an obvious one, but something I’d not noticed, Easyjet only have Airbus and Ryaniar only have Boeing aircraft….hadn’t paid attention to that before.

Something I already knew, and had reinforced by watching the show, I cannot abide O’Leary and I admire Stelios with the way he grew his empire. I got rather nostalgic too as I remember flying with them back when he only had 2 planes, quite a lot as it happens as the company I worked for at the time had HQ in Hemel Hempstead.

One last thing, it has always puzzled me but I don’t know enough about the airline industry to answer, why have Easyjet never taken on the USA? We had an airline based up here in Jockland called “FlyGlobespan” who put on a 767 (from memory) from GLA to SFB a few years back and when I flew it, the thing was packed! (Their business class wasn’t all bad, and it was cheap-as-chips/direct) So, I’ve always been curious as to why Easyjet don’t take their model transatlantic.

Regards.
AOTG.