Reply To: ex uk to Asia pricing madnessCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines ex uk to Asia pricing madness Reply To: ex uk to Asia pricing madness

stevescoots
Participant

What’s going on with pricing out to Asia?
Until around 2 months ago I could get any number of airlines (business) out to HKG or CAN for sub 2K (BA/CX 2.5K up) every month out of LHR, BHX or NWI

Now the best I can get is China Southern below 2K. Anyone of any quality is over 2500. QR which I used to use all the time went straight up to over 2600 from 1800 EX LHR…interestingly just after they confirmed joining OW. . Or I can get QR down at 1650 ex Brussels but the layover is a kicker Conspiracy/cartel theorists have at that!

BA/CX et al are all around 3.5Kupwards. I know flights peak over summer but never seen it like this. I am looking at 5 Asia trips between now and year end and see nothing acceptable on pricing. Other options are flying ex-Europe where..You guessed it’s much lower but then have the hassle factor and time wasted. Looks like I will lose my BA silver and QR gold this year but still clock up over 250,000 miles..and have 5 months misery on china southern.
So, should this forum gets back to what it used to be, I would really appreciate any tip offs of sales going east!!