Reply To: World Airline Awards – Poor BA!Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines World Airline Awards – Poor BA! Reply To: World Airline Awards – Poor BA!

AnthonyDunn
Participant

@ Infidel – 18/06/2013 23:35 GMT

Oh, yes, that’s the Skytrax so-called World Airline awards isn’t it?

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2013/Airline2013_top20.htm

That’s some impressively loud and rather obvious axe grinding I can hear in the background. You have omitted to mention that BA were in 44th place in 2011 and 28th place in 2012 – presumably after the industrial disruption they suffered – so while the 27th place leaves considerable scope for improvement, it also demonstrates a considerable recovery.

I’ve also just seen VS in 38th (up from 50th) and EZY in 49th, down from 41st. Why no commentary on them? Or are you merely highly selective in your brickbats?

It’s interesting to see that the top 20 are all either Asia-Pacific or Gulf barring four: TK (9th), LH (11th), LX (16th) and AC (20th) – all *A members. Probably just a coincidence. It would appear that if BA have problems, then certain others have experienced or are experiencing major catastrophes in terms of their “Skytrax rated” (sic) performance.

Oh, and a propos all of those Asian carriers, I chanced upon this courtesy of another thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtDBrp8hSBQ

(Gatwick Airport ’90 part 10). What particularly struck me was at 09 mins 30 seconds – female subservience in Asian culture. Not my comment but that of the female cabin crew instructor. Is that what all those fans of Asian airlines revel in I wonder? I also wonder whether In order to obtain the kind of ratings achieved by Asia-Pacific and Gulf carriers, those who criticise BA would like to see all or most of the UK-based cabin crew at BA sacked and replaced with considerably more pliant, subservient and cheaper-to-employ Asian females? I have no doubt that it would make industrial relations an awful lot easier for management at BA – and save them bucket loads of cash as well.

In summary, any chance of a sense of perspective and some balance from your future postings?