Reply To: BA technical issuesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA technical issues Reply To: BA technical issues

StephenLondon
Participant

@millionsofmiles
I am concerned with your comment about BA’s lax maintenance – is this something we should all be worried about now with BA? What info can you share with us on poor maintenance / preventative maintenance practices ? -As a frequent traveller, this type of information is critical for my choice of airline as I hold safety above every other aspect including schedule, cabin, service and catering.

@SimonS1: Plenty of carriers change flights around and have cancellations. My last two flights on LH both went tech – call it unlucky, but it wasn’t a pretty sight, and customer service for premium passengers lacked considerably in sorting us out. It was anything but efficient, and any carrier can have a bad few days. CX are getting bad by exchanging regional aircraft on longer sectors (DXB, ADL), and dropping F on HKG-BKK, for example, on a whim with an a/c change with hardly an apology, which is pretty poor for a carrier held in high esteem by so many travellers. And OS swapped a 767 for a 737 on a flight a couple of years back, meaning they offloaded a good chunk of pax and left them behind. I think BA are struggling a bit with the delays to new aircraft delivery…but with new planes imminent, it can (hopefully) only get better.

I did read somewhere that BA never buy in the first fifty of any aircraft. Their first A380 is MSN0095, I believe (someone mentioned this on Monday). I gather they prefer to let others iron out the kinks, cracks and hiccups before taking delivery of a new plane. Same with the 787, I guess.