Reply To: BA technical issuesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA technical issues Reply To: BA technical issues

Rockhopper
Participant

I don’t post often and I particularly refrain from posting on BA threads due to their ability to bring out the worst in some posters.

However FrDougal’s post rang very true to me. I had a persistent loyalty to BA that came from growing up in the former colonies but even that loyalty was pushed to the edge by the attitude of BA towards their fare paying passengers. Like FrDougal I have the utmost faith that BA aircraft are airworthy, but frankly that should be a given.

What has made me stop using BA longhaul and in Europe are numerous experiences like those mentioned above which impact my enjoyment of the flight. To give just one example – a flight last year LGW to TPA in CW. I paid for six seats, IFE on the way out worked fully in 1, partially in three and not all in two seats. On the way back two of the six seats again had no functioning IFE. Other issues included amenity packs not being loaded, poor quality wines, awful breakfast on the way back…..the list goes on although I recognise these aren’t all engineering issues.

The result – BA has lost a loyal customer who has flown in every iteration of CW since introduction as well as First. Being based where I am a hop into Europe is no particular hassle so Swiss are now my airline of choice longhaul, and since I have switched I have to say that they deliver a consistently better product every time, and more importantly on the odd occassion technical issues have occured, they have been resolved very satisfactorily.

I would love to make BA my first choice carrier again but until they up their game I’m afraid I’m a lost customer (not that I believe that bothers them particularly!)