Reply To: BA technical issues

Back to Forum

AnthonyDunn
Participant

I think that the comments by StandThemUp at 19/06/13 – 11:45 GMT accurately sums up the situation:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/World-Airline-Awards-Poor-BA?page=1

It would be interesting to see what the situation is with KL/AF, LX, LH and other legacy carriers in North America to determine whether BA’s recent increase in tech delays is unique or more widely occurring. Sadly, none of these other carriers have their own xxSource site and I do not know whether there is an industry wide forum to provide such data to the travelling pubilc. Does anyone know if there is such a site?

I suspect that tech defects are primarily a function of fleet age which is why it has been rising but may then start falling as new aircraft introductions reduce the mean fleet age.

In the meantime, why the obsession with running down BA on every possible occasion? This reminds me rather of the old UK-owned car industry which got kicked to death (by the British themselves) until it finally got closed down and the manufacturing equipment was transferred to China. The resulting closure caused the loss of thousands of UK jobs and £gazillions in taxes to pay for roads, hospitals and pensions etc. As a self-imposed hurt, I am at a loss to think of any other country where this would be considered rational.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls