Reply To: BA technical issues

Back to Forum

FrDougal
Participant

The sad fact of the matter is that the BA long haul fleet is falling to pieces and the engineers are far too stretched!

In the last 6 months I have experienced more serious technical incidents than I ever encountered in the previous 11 years of flying. Not all let to cancellations but many have led to aircraft changes after passengers had already boarded with substantial departure delays both down route and more worryingly out of Heathrow!

Engineers are so stretched minor issues which “can wait” are left unfixed…these are generally issues which effect passenger amenities such as the odd broken toilet, bev maker, ovens etc but can also include lighting issues, AC issues etc. Some planes have been flying around for months with problems unresolved.

Blaming the age of the fleet is not an acceptable answer unless BA are willing to charge less for a flight on an “old” plane. One can only hope BA has gotten over its ridiculous obsession with having its engineers working as cabin crew every few weeks as they are really needed elsewhere…..in their real jobs! Fortunately I have the utmost faith in the professionalism of said engineers and pilots and I have no doubt they are all airworthy….but alas they are tatty and tired (the planes that is, not the engineers and pilots! Lol)!!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls