Reply To: A3590 First flight 0900 Friday 14th juneCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines A3590 First flight 0900 Friday 14th june Reply To: A3590 First flight 0900 Friday 14th june

Cleancabinair
Participant

Re the radition I entirely agree with you especially as flights are utilising sectors that take aircraft up over the pole on an more frequent basis. It is also a concern that needs to be addressed. As a commercial pilot I respect your point of view, however it seems that you do not provide any credence to the issues above dismissing them without considering mounting evidence of crew (Cabin as well as Cockpit) whose livelihoods & health have been drastically impacted by Toxic Air Syndrome. Puting to one side the new stories of Major UK tabloid whose stories are sensationalist (though on this one they are closer to the truth than most will admit), there are several pilots I know whose careers have been derailed, licences cancelled without full or proper explantion of their conditions and destined for an early grave.
One I know who also flew for a major UK airline for nearly 30 years suffers everyday from fatigue (5 hours useful functional activities), continues to have issues with full co-ordination, impaired decision making & inability to utilise full cognitive responses. His skin condition is impacted being very thin and bleeds after the slightest contact or impact.
His early demise will probably be associated with the shut down of his neuro functions that will cause him to suffocate as he will no longer be able to breath.
He continues to fight for compensation from his airline which refuse to acknowldge his condition. His pension should have begun at 60 as per the rules when he was flying. However due recent changes in the law he cannot ‘officially’ retire until 65. However at the same time the loss of licence insurance on medical grounds ceased at 60. thus there is a gap in his income until he is 65 which his former airline is till considering but not committed to helping with.
I would suggest that you might have more compassion for your fellow pilots as it could be on your next flight that you experience a serious oil leak in to the cockpit (and going to oxygen may allow you breath, the exposure on your skin will still mean that you absorb the chemicals from the engine oil)… I sincerely hope that this is not the case but the possibility is always there if the engine seals are worn or poorly fitted by the engineers(whom in the past month we know in one instance failed to check the clips on engine cowlings leading to an emregency incident).
Whilst this is not a pleasant subject for a business traveller forum it is one that needs explantion. I thank you for taking the contrarian view so that I can expand the issue so that all flyers (crew and pax) are able to undertake some of their own research in this phenomenon.