Reply To: BA SeatingCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Seating Reply To: BA Seating

IanFromHKG
Participant

AllOverTheGaff – 20/06/2013 11:09 GMT and CrazyCanuck – thank you so much for posting the link to that article. I suppose it is a good thing that BA are trying to put that much effort into improving the little things, but really I am still staggered that they haven’t fixed the big things.

Two quotations from the article, which really caught my eye in the context of this thread:

(1) To cap it all, BA’s 100-strong short-haul fleet of Airbus A321s, A320s and A319s will be refitted, from the pointy end to the loos in the back, over the next two years. “We’ve got lots of new toys!” van der Post says, grinning.

Two years. Yeah, right… Well, perhaps I shouldn’t be so cynical, but…!!! And what sort of new toys??? On a short-haul fleet? Well, I would be thrilled if they introduced IFE and I can imagine some people might get excited if they introduced WiFi, but realistically what other toys are BA likely to be putting in? Not enough, I suspect, to describe them as “lots”

(2) “The new AA product is spectacular – as good as BA.”

It’s a wonder the interviewer didn’t end up on the floor howling with derisive laughter. I know I would have done! That one comment shows that v d P either (a) has no clue, or (b) has no credibility. Possibly both.