Reply To: BA Seating

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Hi Gordy

I’ve just read the below article which CrazyCanuck posted on the BA A380 thread:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10131713/British-Airways-plans-unveiled-for-Dreamliner-and-A380.html

BA’s merger with Iberia is “working out”, and as American Airlines emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, its alliance with BA will become “a raving success,” he says. “The new AA product is spectacular – as good as BA.”

There is a lot in this article from Van der Post who has been brought on-board to improve BA’s service and products on-board. The last sentence astonished me, “as good as BA”…..

As this thread is about seating, I thought I’d c n p that particular part of the article along with the below:

Thanks to “the flying Dutchman”, much is new at BA. But not everything. The “back to front” seats in Club World will remain on the new aircraft. Critics point out that the seats are smaller than on rival carriers and there are more of them, making the cabin feel cramped. Many premium travellers – poor souls – hate having to sit face-to-face with a stranger and having to step over the footstool to get into the aisle. Club World passengers will not be able to eat at a time of their choosing, a service almost every other premium carrier offers.

There will be no bars, which are popular on Virgin Atlantic and Emirates. There will be no showers at 39,000ft, which first-class passengers on Emirates enjoy. Perhaps most controversially the planes will not offer Wi-Fi, which is widely available on Virgin, Emirates and Qatar Airways. “We might get it later when the technology improves,” van der Post says.

Oh well, that’s that then.
Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls