Reply To: BA Seating

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Hermes1964 – 20/06/2013 03:46 GMT

Hi Hermes

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your reply.

(regardless of 787 and A380 coming on line, and that feeling like a very big missed opportunity.)

It was the above which prompted my post in the first instance, and whilst I’ve been “unbecoming” on some threads about the A380, I have also stated that I do understand why fans of the airline are excited as it is indeed an exciting aircraft. (BA’s is also the most stunning liveried one I’ve seen thus far by a long way)

My point was that with these launches of not one but two new ways to fly, which could have been a real triumph for the airline, and for many still is, does nothing to attract back the disaffected – e.g. – me. I’ve done A380’s with other airlines specifically because of the seating on BA which whilst innovative 13-years-ago has now been surpassed by many. Should BA come up with something new, which I have no doubt in time they will, they render their shiny-new planes as ‘old Club’ and “old First’ in an instant.

Perhaps, as you go onto say later in your post, they feel their return with the older design is just fine, but I am not so sure. I very much suspect that Delta/United et al are looking at the new AA product and will be forced to react, which will then see BA’s dominant routes come under a bit more commercial pressure.

Be interesting to see just how/when BA do react and what they put forward as their solution.

Regards.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls