Reply To: BA Seating

Back to Forum

travelworld
Participant

AOTG- I don’t think BA ever flew 6 or 7 times a day to Sydney/Melbourne although they certainly had a greater presence in Aus/NZ than they do now. Before the advent of the 747-400 there used, I think to be more stops en route whcih have now been replaced by point to point services. But it’s the sheer length of route which has been the issue- it’s just not as profitable for BA to send aircraft and crew that far compared with (say) the US.
Actually, I rather like the BA Club World seat and certainly don’t seek to avoid it. It sounds a bit petty but I really like the drawer to stick all your stuff in which I’ve not found on other carriers. I also think it’s pretty comfortable. The upper deck on a 744 fabulous, although its days are obviously numbered. My personal business class favourite is Air New Zealand’s 777-300, whcih has an improved Virgin Upper Class seat and, from my experience, fabulous inflight service.That would be my choice to LA.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls