Reply To: BA SeatingCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Seating Reply To: BA Seating

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Hi Craig

Maybe it is my memory playing tricks on me, but didn’t BA used to fly 6 or 7 times a day to Sydney/Melbourne? When I flew to Syd I recall a massive selection of flights. (BA as well as QF)

Anyhoos, I don’t know that BA have to offer ‘the best’ seat, just one which competes in today’s market place. Direct aisle access I think is now fairly critical coupled with a decent IFE system. Their partner AA has just invested in this, why can’t BA? I mean this, why haven’t BA seen the way the seating has moved on and taken a decision to even trial it on their new planes?

An example: If I am flying LA return and have the option of the BA A380 in CW or AA’s 777-ER in business, there’s no comparison to me. It’d be AA every time as I’ve flown the A380 more than once. Had BA invested in a similar seating arrangement on their A380, and even if it cost me a few hundred pounds more, I’d have given the A380 with BA’s new seating a whirl.

I am willing to accept that it is just me, that I am alone in thinking a comfortable, private seat with a decent screen and wide selection of movies is important on long-haul, and I am willing to accept that perhaps I am missing something…….I just can’t figure out what it is!?

Rgds.
AOTG.