Reply To: BA Seating

Back to Forum

craigwatson
Participant

They are probably having this same discussion on the german forums, french forums, etc… AA, BA, IB are in the joint venture, the same as DL,AF and KL. Then you have UA, AC, LH all of these airlines are in joint ventures to the US/Canada. So if you call these “cartels”, but then have cartels competing with each other, then don’t you just go back to no cartels?

I don’t think you can say BA has lost a “ton of custom” to Aus, as they have only ever had a token presence there anyways.

Would agree that EK is a big competitor to BA on Africa, and Asia routes, but then so is CX, SQ. BA doesn’t have any one main competitor, it changes depending on where in the world we are talking…

In order for BA to have a better product than their competitors, they would pretty much have to have the best product in the world. a tall order. I think the strategy they have (actually not sure if it is a strategy or just luck) of a 100% consistent “good” product, rather than numerous different good, bad, great products of some other carriers works for them.

Just my opinion.

edited to;
Im talking about long haul here, as I personally think club Europe is terrible value, unless a sale fare

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls