Reply To: BA Seating

Back to Forum

IanFromHKG
Participant

Bucksnet – 13/06/2013 17:51 GMT : Offering old first is not bewildering if the planes it’s on are being retired soon … As Hippocampus pointed out, the new AA and CX seats are not on every aircraft, but no one is saying it’s bewildering that they still offer old business on most of their planes

Dealing with your last point first – looking at their long-haul fleet, CX have 15 B747s and 11 A340s with old business class; and they have 32 B773s and 24 A330s with new business class. So I am afraid it is not true to say they still offer old business on “most of their planes” – they have 56 new as against 26 old, and the retrofit is complete (the B747s and A340s won’t be retrofitted since they are going to be retired).

To your first point – yes it is bewildering if you can’t work out whether your flight has it or not. Look at BA’s website as well and try to work out what you will get if you don’t have New First – I couldn’t see any description of old First anywhere. I have an upcoming flight in First next month, and I had to ask the experts on this forum in order to work out whether it would have NF (apparently it will).

Contrast with CX: It is easy to tell which version you will get – just look at the aircraft type. I would also add (tying back in to your first point) that CX also still include full details of old business on their website so, again, you know exactly what to expect:
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/whatonboard/businessclass

Sorry to disagree with you, but – well, I just do, that’s all!

MartynSinclair – 13/06/2013 17:32 GMT : I am happy enough when seated upstairs on the 747, but will certainly not be using cw to Asia after October when the 777 comes in.

Why is that, Martyn?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls