Reply To: BA SeatingBack to Forum
I just arrived fom a SAO-LHR-DXB return in new First class with BA.
1. Crew was excellent in all flights.
2. Excellent wines and Champagne
3. Very poor food quality (simply no comparison with CX, EK or even QR business).
4. Pleasant cabin environment despite lack of wow factor.
5. IFE choices very limited. LCD screen of decent size but with very poor quality (I´m talking 1980 type of image quality)
6. IFE sound broken in 1 sector; personal lamp broken in another
7. Concorde lounge very busy. No available cabanas. LHR Lounge lacks a quiet area to rest with decent sleeping chairs
8. 1 hour wait for a shower in lounge (no separate showers for First class in LHR). Shower room was smelly and didn´t look very inviting.
9. On the return flight I dediced to avoid lounge and pay day rate in Sofitel T5 for a decent shower and rest
10. No limousine service
11. Personal escort service through immigration but only in DXB
12. Pijamas, slippers, amenity bag, bed and duvet all tick the boxes but no distinct vs other first class offerings
13. Bathrooms in 747 are very cramped with a/c extremely cold (maybe to make sure passengers don´t stay for long insinde)
I only chose BA to keep my gold status but after this experience have decided to spend all my Avios next year and abandon the airline.
On my modest view, either BA raises game in premium classes or will lose a lot of customers.