Reply To: BA SeatingCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Seating Reply To: BA Seating

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

dutchyankee – 13/06/2013 17:56 GMT
There was just some very, very tiny fine print indicating NF is only on one aircraft but will be rolled out throughout the fleet. The way it was advertised, the naive traveller would have thought it was the standard.

If BA had taken a more pragmatic stance and discounted their “old first” cabins instead of the endless sales and upgrade offers, I think they might have *just about* gotten away with Old First. By discount I mean somewhere slightly above business class pricing, then those who have paid the fare to travel have less to complain about.

The issue, as you rightly indicate is that if you are not fully savvy with BA operations you play a game of BA roulette as to which cabin you are getting.

This steaming-pile about “well planes are about to be retired anyway” doesn’t wash either – they announced New First when? 2008? 5 years have lapsed and the cabins have deteriorated to the point that even the crew are embarrassed by them and actually apologise for them when you board the plane.

All of this brings me back to the original point of the topic – what will BA do about their old-fashioned seating now that they have taken delivery of 2 shiny new planes with the old-style cabin configs?

Rgds.
AOTG.