Reply To: BA SeatingCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Seating Reply To: BA Seating

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Hi Martyn

Thanks for bringing back on topic.

I think you and I share the same opinions, BA seem to have somehow or another missed the boat with the on-board niceties we all enjoy now. Direct Aisle access is the most obvious one in business as well as a decent IFE system.

Someone should be fired for their “new First” shambles, and that they still continue to offer old First on a number of routes is bewildering.

Therefore we’re left to assume that the on-board experience isn’t what the board considers to be core to their growth. If that is the case, then what is? Whilst they’ve left their aircraft alone the competition has overtaken them significantly.

The more time I spend on here the more it is my belief that their dominant position at LHR allied with their loyalty scheme is their key focus, I just don’t see that working for them in the current competitive environment.

While AA put wifi and all-aisle access seating in their premier cabins, EK put on more and more regional flights poaching the Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester business with a terrific product and frequent service, EK partner with Qantas and take a huge swathe of Oz business, Singapore, Cathay, Thai, Malaysian all offer something more appealing on-board and still BA persist with nothing new in the cabin.

Rgds.
AOTG.