Reply To: BA Seating (Re Alex latest BT magazine)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Seating (Re Alex latest BT magazine) Reply To: BA Seating (Re Alex latest BT magazine)

AMcWhirter
Participant

Hello Tim

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I research all my work thoroughly. BA provided Business Traveller with a written statement for the reader reply in Ask Alex (June 2013).

When I first contacted BA I was told that the rules had changed but after further investigation, BA told me in writing that:

“Colleagues in a Gold cardholder’s booking do have the same seating access as they do [even if the colleague in question does not hold Gold status], the only exception to this rule is how we allocate seats 1A and 1K.”

“Both of these seats will only be released at time of booking to a Gold cardholder.”

“We have to try to treat all Gold cardholders as equally as possible and given the number of them who travel in First, that there is a fair allocation of 1A and 1K.”

BA then told me that any unsold 1A and 1K seats are released back into the system for other passengers to choose. But the time at which this occurs will vary depending on the route.

If further clarification is needed then maybe it’s best to ask your BA rep. for comment.