Reply To: BA Seating (Re Alex latest BT magazine)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Seating (Re Alex latest BT magazine) Reply To: BA Seating (Re Alex latest BT magazine)

TimFitzgeraldTC
Participant

Good Evening

I noticed in the Ask Alex that someone asked about seating for Gold Card holders (Charles Hogarth question) and that BA said that they keep the best seats just for Gold Card Holders (1A / 1K).

Well they have just launched a trade training program mentioning the benefits of Gold Status as below:

“Congratulations on reaching the Gold tier within ‘Top Tiers’. Being a Gold Member of the Club unlocks the following benefits.

All of the Silver benefits, plus…
•Free advanced reservation of the best seats on the plane (eg. Seat 1A) for everyone in your party
•Access to First departure lounges for you and a guest
•Complementary spa treatments at Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK
•Access to Arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5
•Two free ‘Gold Upgrade for Two’ vouchers to the next cabin
•Additional reward seats available only to Gold Members (V-class redemption)
•A Silver partner card for a friend or family member
•First class check-in desks

The First line of the clearly indicates that everyone should get this choice if you are Gold. If I told a client his and this didn’t happen I would be royally annoyed and no doubt as the agent I would get the blame.

Alex I don’t know if it is worth going back to BA on this question as they are contradicting themselves somewhere. Either there response to you was wrong – or they are giving Travel Agents the wrong information