Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebrationCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA’s July 4th double celebration Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebration

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

HA!

Blimey, don’t get me started on LHR…..you think I moan a lot about BA? πŸ˜‰

I’ve stopped all flights via LHR unless I absolutely have no choice. To the point I’ve been to London 6 times this year and taken the train each time, have another 2 London jaunts soon and will be train again. In fairly quick succession I had two interactions with their security goons and after the 2nd episode decided I’d have no more. My latter crime? I’d not taken my iPad out of my carry-on, had debagged the laptop but the iPad was under the cloak of the case. Fair enough, my mistake (albeit the rules on tablets seem to change with the wind) so I waited for the bag to come to me for searching. Took over an hour to resolve. Their “Fast Track” should be fined under trades description, I’ve never been through “fast”…ever.

I never was a big fan of the BA lounges either – that being said, I know a lot of people spend a lot of time discussing lounges but they aren’t one of my hotspots. The lounge EK use in Glasgow is awful, so bad that I think I might just miss it entirely on my next flight.

The comparison for me would be DXB. I don’t like the whole bus thing when you land, but then who does? But, they have a dedicated 1st class bus, they get me to the terminal within 15 minutes and I then get through a proper fast track security. The airport is then always mobbed and I head to the lounges. Having said what I said about lounges not being a hotspot, the lounges in DXB are wonderful, their 1st lounge especially, the space, the peace, great restaurant food and vast selection of good wine. Then it’s normally a dodge through the crowd to the gate and on-board.

So, my synopsis is that DXB is better all round once you get to the haven of the lounges, looking forward to their new A380 terminal on my next flight with them to see what’s in store.

As far as T5 goes? I’d rather not.

Regards.
AOTG.