Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebrationCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA’s July 4th double celebration Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebration

Guest_Poster
Participant

VintageKrug – 11/06/2013 09:29 GMT

Once again, you post compost on this forum. If an airlines chooses to maintain it’s aircraft interiors, they can leave service looking virtually new. BA has proved this in the past, the 1-11 fleet was a case in point. The refurbished 767s also look new.

So if the A380/B787 are delayed, which I agree is not BA’s fault, then they could have decided to freshen up the fleets and the costs of this would have been offset by the sweating of written down assets over a longer period of time.

The execs decided against this, fr whatever reason and the result is a fleet with variable interiors and quite a variation in seat types.

I have a lot of respect for British Airways, as I believe it to be one of the better airlines in Europe, but customer focus of some years ago does seem to have been slain on the altar of the bean counters and allowing some interiors to become shabby (and there is too much anecdotal evidence to ignore) does impact on the perception of the brand.