Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebrationCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA’s July 4th double celebration Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebration

VintageKrug
Participant

I see very few shabby interiors; the 747 I came over on last week was notably fresh inside, with a brand new First cabin (despite being a low-J variant).

I would actually suggest that management has worked hard to return BA to profitability and justify a massive fleet investment programme; it has succeeded in that endeavour. Some things were let slip, notably catering in the early part of the recession.

There are some aircraft which should have been retired by now, and for which BA had plans to retire, but this was scuppered not by BA’s Management taking a conscious and proactive decision to reduce investment in cabin interiors (which seems to Disgust the “new” poster above, possibly because of his former connections) but by Boeing and airbus not being able to meet the planned delivery schedule for the new fleet.

However, in stark economic times and against the woes caused directly by an unco-operative Union which impacted BA’s ability to invest in its product, choices have to be made.

If that compromise was between having six spanking new 777-300ERs in the fleet, or tolerating a small amount of slightly ageing insulation (as this is the only sort of scandalous shabbiness I have ever seen) then I’m quite happy to put up with that.

The new A320s, 787s and A380s will ensure an exciting rejuvenated fleet and sit well alongside the existing new 777-300ERs, A320s and embraers which have been delivered in recent years.

Some people do seem obsessed with highlighting negativity; one really has to question this obsessive behaviour and its motivation.

I prefer to focus on the positive, and wholly welcome BA’s new fleet, which will be with us imminently. I doubt we’ll hear any praise for their introduction from the Usual Suspects.