Reply To: BA’s July 4th double celebration

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

VK: I shall be 787’ing 🙂 There are more of the birds coming than the A380’s and they have a huge amount of versatility in terms or routes it can fly so I opted for that one.

Hey tiggerbrown. Sorry the Stockholm bit got a bit buried in my post. BA have announced that the european route the 787 will fly will be LHR-ARN. They haven’t specified a particular rotation, but I would imagine they would follow the A380-FRA example and utilise the current 767 slots which has a larger turnaround time and similar seat capacity. Looking at BA.com that would be the daily BA780/781.

Unfortunately BA has released no start date for the LHR-ARN. Rumor has it in fact that they will not announce dates or frequencies that the 787 will fly on the short haul training flights. Which is a little disappointing.

On the 4th of July the first BA A380 will touch down and then taxi to park next to a B787 where a group of employees, VIP’s and the media will welcome them both to the fleet. Should be an impressive sight!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls