Reply To: Tuesday BA to PhoenixCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Tuesday BA to Phoenix Reply To: Tuesday BA to Phoenix

AnthonyDunn
Participant

Ah, I can just imagine the headline in the Dally Mail, Express or other red-top “journal of record” (sic) “Aircrew party poopers spoil wedding fun” should they have insisted that the wedding celebration were terminated so that they could work their rostered schedule.

Methinks that there are occasions (and this is clearly one) when a story, any story, is adduced to put the boot in on BA. They are (justifiably) damned in one breath over line maintenance failures and then damned in the next breath for taking seriously the consequences upon performance of a lack of sleep caused by the oafishness of others.

Having seen an item on a BBC TV programme demonstrating the consequences of a lack of proper sleep upon driving performance, I can fully accept that EXACTLY the same would apply to flight deck and cabin crew. I for one applaud BA (or any other airline for that matter) for taking this point seriously.

So that we are all clear on the point here, the fault lies with the wedding party and NOT with BA.