Reply To: Tuesday BA to Phoenix

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

I had a tech delay this week.

Superbly handled on board by the cabin crew, who kept us well lubricated during the wait for technical assessment, with the IFE running to keep us entertained.

Clear and concise communication from the captain throughout, usually every 15 minutes.

Bags returned to us, with waiting buses outside the terminal to whisk us to a nearby hotel (very comfortable, with supper available, though I went straight to bed).

Email waiting for me in the morning for the rescheduled flight, called BA and was able to be re-accommodated on an earlier departure, upgraded to F.

Spent my £200 BA Amex disruption compensation on some “essential” shopping in the terminal.

Superb crew again, and new First, made for a very pleasant journey indeed. http://www.ba.com/welldone sent.

All in all, a very well handled situation. I’m not unrealistic about the fact the aircraft will have technical concerns from time to time; ensuring the aircraft I’m in is 100% safe is something with which I trust BA implicitly.

I would much rather the aircraft didn’t go, than pressure was put to fly aircraft with which the captain is not 100% comfortable.

Safety is paramount, and I don’t understand people suggesting it’s bad for airlines to err on the side of caution.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls