Reply To: BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Back to Forum

Bucksnet
Participant

Agreed on the 7 across on the top deck being better, but an issue for the middle seat.

Club World has always been an even number of seats – 4 across on the top deck of a 747, 6 across on a 767 and 8 across on a 777 and 747 main deck. It was not designed for an odd number of seats, so the design fails in my view. It’s not that good anyway, but that’s another issue.

The 787 will be 7 across as well, in the same layout as the A380 top deck. BA urgently needs to develop a new business class seat, all forward facing and direct aisle access, that is designed for 7 across as well as even numbered layouts.

The ANA 787 seat layout is 7 across, although some posters will say that one row has 3 seats and the next row 4 and so on, but the middle seat is a lot better than the BA A380/787 middle seat. For the record I’ve flown on neither, and my views are based on photos and seat plans from respected websites.

http://www3.airlinesanddestinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/110704-ANA787interior-01.jpg

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls