Reply To: BA A380 – main or upper deck?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA A380 – main or upper deck? Reply To: BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Bucksnet
Participant

I agree with Guest_Poster that the Emirates A380 business class seats are not that good, having an economy class 18.5 inch width and only 48 inches (or less) of pitch. This must be a tight squeeze when in the bed position.

Singapore Airlines have a true 4 across layout in their A380 top deck business cabin, but with 30 inches of width and a 55 inch pitch. I thought this was tight to sleep in, and in another thread I was told that it was in fact quite comfortable as the width allows diagonal sleeping.

The EK seat is 7 inches (or more) shorter and a massive 11.5 inches narrower, while still claiming 4 across. I cannot see how this can be comfortable to sleep in, but I guess I must waste my money and find out for myself.

Back on topic, a BA A380 on the top or main deck will have a wider business class seat and a massive 25+ inches of pitch over its EK competition. A good night’s sleep is often quoted as the main requirement in long haul business travel, and it seems BA is better in this regard. A shame though about the ying/yang layout, and the need for some passengers to climb over others when sleeping.