Reply To: BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Back to Forum

Bucksnet
Participant

There really is no need for personal attacks and stupid comments. I don’t think I’ve made personal attacks on any of the posters attacking me, and I thank other posters for their kind/supportive comments.

If you disagree with me then please post comments explaining your position, and flying in the cabin and simply telling us this is the way it is will not do. I am trying to back up my comments with links to photos and seat plans, where the point I’m trying to get over can clearly be seen. Where are other posters supporting their arguments with?

Seat Plans is, as far as I know, part of Business Traveller which is a respected industry publication. Seat Plans states the pitch and width for the cabin in question, and Guest_Poster states differently. He suggests that I should measure the seat, but has he done the same? If he knows better, then maybe he should report this and get the website changed. Seat Guru states the same.

I agree with Guest_Poster that an 18.5 inch seat width is narrow in business class, especially allied to a reduced pitch in certain seats, if that is indeed true. With the seat pitch reported by 2 respected airline seat websites at only 48 inches (4 feet), the reduced pitch seats must be really tight. Back on topic, BA has 20 inch width and 73 inch pitch. That’s 25+ inches more pitch than EK.

The review mentioned by SimonS1 mentions an alternating 1-2-1 layout, but the very nature of those layouts means you get 2-4-2 because of the effect of staggering. This is evidenced by letters missing in the rows.

So, please try and keep a civil tongue and back up your assertions as best you can. Thank you.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls