Reply To: BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Back to Forum

pdtraveller
Participant

As I write at just after midnight in the UK there are over 25 A380 aircraft in the air with 8 over European airspace alone.

Why so much fuss about another 2 being delivered to BA?

It is not as if they are new. Sure they might be able to carry an extra few tonnes of freight but let’s be real – BA are 6 years late to the party! Not only that, but the on board product is the same old product that BA are pushing on their clapped out 747 fleet.

I speak as someone with bookings in F and J on BA A380 services and can tell you that the confused cabin layout of club in particular, split as it is over 2 floors, and with what will soon become the “billy no mates seat” does not fill me with a lot of confidence. It will be interesting to see how 8 or 7 abreast staggered seating compares with Qantas staggered 6 abreast.

First is still 14 seats but unlike QF and indeed most other operators, BA have chosen not to introduce an enhanced product.

Overall not much to get excited about, is it? Unless of course you are in their marketing department or on a retainer.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls